Monday, May 6, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V, the ultimate game?

Things are looking good
Grand Theft Auto V is coming September 2013, are they going to blow us away with the ultimate sandbox experience or will it leave people disappointed? Lets examine this beast a bit closer... 

While I understand many were disappointed with Gta IV which according to many was stripped of many fun features while adding bad ones and overall was just plain boring. I for one disagree though, I loved Gta IV and I play through it every now and then to this day. Sure the smaller amount of weapons was bothering me at first, sure your cousin calling every 15 minutes were a bit annoying, and sure the game felt a bit empty after actually finishing the game, but it was still great IMO. The story was a lot more mature, the whole game was more realistic with a great new engine to back it up and lets not forget the innovative multiplayer that for once wasn't a mod.

Moving on, many complained about the new direction of the series, while others like myself didn't quite fall for the over the top wackyness that at times was going on in the previous installment, Gta San Andreas. That's right, I didn't love it, while it's undoubtedly a great classic, I liked Gta IV more with Vice City being my absolute favorite. Now, I don't think no one will actually have a problem with Gta V, so far it seems like a marriage made in heaven... The more mature and realistic direction is still prominent, yes, but this time around it will have tons of customization options, a big selection of weapons (including minigun, bitches) and three distinct characters to cater to our every need... Seriously, what more could you wish for?

I must say that the new three-protagonist-thingy Rockstar is doing this time around is actually quite brilliant, instead of giving us just one character that some would have liked and others would have hated there's three you can play as and on top of that customize to your specific taste. Before I knew about the three protagonists, I hoped for a traditional gangster to be the protagonist, they're the closest to what I would be if I would be a criminal, dresses like me, looks like me, and acts like me. Then there was those who wanted a "gangsta" type since it's Los Santos and that was one aspect that many liked in San Andreas, I wasn't a big fan but hey, now everyone can be happy! So that's Michael and Franklin, but that wasn't enough, no, then there's also Trevor.

Trevor is simply put, insane, the joker in an otherwise sorted deck of cards. Rockstar have themselves said that this guy is meant to be played by the player who only want to fuck around, the player who put story second to causing chaos, this guy is chaos. This just shows that Rockstar aims to make us happy with their biggest open world game to date, no matter what we want from a game they seem to want to provide it. Of course there's much more to this game than the varied protagonists.

Isn't this a sexy mofokka?

Of course, this blog would be too long for me to list them all... So I encourage you to visit http://www.gtav.net/ since they offer all the details you could possibly want. But let me give you a idea of what could be the most exciting, apart from added customization and so on... Heists which you can plan and decide how you want to tackle, you can buy houses and property again, a new skill system which gives each character an unique skill, Michael as an example can slow down times when in a gunfight (similar to "Bullet Time" in Max Payne) and the combat has overall been improved upon, it's more like Max Payne 3 so you will be able to run and gun this time around.

Point is, simply put, that I see no reason why no one wouldn't be excited for Gta V, seems like they're doing a good job to please everybody. I haven't heard a valid reason to why some people look at this game and say "meh", I would love to discuss the matter since I might be missing some flaws in it. Granted, they may be promising too much, I haven't been that hyped until the recent barrage of new info anyway, so perhaps it's not that far fetched to think that someone not in the loop isn't hyped. However, I'm still doing my part to spread the word about possibly the biggest game this generation, and perhaps even the next if it sees a next gen re-release? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment